some time ago I changed my BIND at home to Unbound, due to the change of the default DNS server in FreeBSD (yes, I do have my own DNS server at home, and it serves all local queries). actually, I have four right now ;)

back in BIND times, i used a lot of scripts to add zones containing for domains serving ads. after switching to Unbound - i forgot about it completely.

after learning about so-called fingerprinting using Canvas API in browsers, I came back to the topic of blocking and similar sites.

it turns out that the method to block a domain in Unbound is simple, but requires a proper spell in google to find a working solution. for the example domain, the entry in unbound.conf looks like this:

local-zone: "" redirect
local-data: " A"

happy blocking.